GCSE A-Level Results Summer 2016

Our summer 2016 GCSE and A Level results saw some outstanding achievements.

Our understanding of the seafarer’s way of life and our unique situation to enter students for GCSE/A level examinations wherever they find themselves at exam time shows our commitment to making sure they receive the very best support. This year’s results at GCSE and A Level demonstrate just how effective that support is.

Marine Society’s GCSE/A Level courses offer unmatched level of services with tutor support.

82.4% of our students sitting exams were Royal Navy/Royal Marines with the remaining 17.6% serving with the RFA/Merchant Navy.

We ensured our students sat exams on board ships, at RN/RM establishments, or in other local exam centres.


We Make Learning Possible, Wherever You Are

How we help you to be where you want to be

100% of our learners achieved A* - C grades at A level.

100% of learners achieved grade A*-C at GCSE level, with 78% passing at a higher grade of A*- B

No organisation has more experience of delivering learning at sea. We understand the difficulties seafarers face when studying at sea, and we know how important quality of learning is to them. 

“We have extensive experience of supporting seafarers through their personal and professional development.  We understand the challenging situations that they work and study in.  We adapt with the changing needs of our seafarers, further enhancing our support and have secured additional funding towards their studies.”

Carla Rockson
Seafarer Education Manager

Marine Society is the first in learning and professional development for seafarers, helping them to learn new skills, gain accredited qualifications and realise their full potential.

"For many years The Marine Society has successfully provided a bespoke service tailored to the needs of seafarers. We understand the invaluable service they provide and we do all in our power to give the support and encouragement to allow seafarers to fulfil their personal and professional potential."

Joan Pickering
Quality Improvement Manager

Supporting seafarers is our strength

Site Map | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Contact
© MSSC, 202 Lambeth Road, London SE1 7JW
Patron: HM The Queen
A charity registered in England and Wales 313013 and in Scotland SC037808