Thomas Gray Medal
Each year we award the Thomas Gray medal to recognise deeds of professional merit in relation to any aspect of seafaring.
The award has been recognising seafarers since 1925 and was created in honour of Thomas Gray, who dedicated his professional life to improving the professionalism of the maritime community through his role at the Board of Trade in the late 19th century.
- The award is in recognition of exceptional deeds of merit at sea, which includes services to seafarers in the broadest sense.
- These deeds can be related to any aspect of seafaring, including saving lives, the well-being of seafarers and any exceptional accomplishments related to the business of seafaring.
- You must have been a resident in the UK for at least three years.
- If you have previously received the medal you won't be eligible again.
Please send your nomination, which must be supported by a citation, to us. You can send it via email or post.
- Email: Carla Rockson on email@example.com
- Address: Thomas Gray Medal nomination, Marine Society, 202 Lambeth Road, London, SE1 7JW
The deadline date for 2018's nominations is 31 July 2018.
If you have any queries, please get in touch with us on: 020 7654 7029.