Marine Society is delighted with its 100% pass rate for 2017 GCSE and A-Level results.
There have been some outstanding achievements this year for Marine Society learners. In summary:
- 100% of learners achieved passes at A-Level, with 60% achieving A*- C grades.
- 100% of learners achieved passes at AS-Level, with 100% achieving A*-B grades.
- 100% of learners achieved passes at GCSE, with 63% achieving A*- C grades.
Marine Society offers a wide range of GCSE and A-Level courses to seafarers at affordable prices, and in a flexible format. Learners receive support from tutors and are able to take their exams on board ships or at Royal Navy and Royal Marines establishments, where necessary.
This year, 82.4% of students sitting exams were Royal Navy or Royal Marines personnel, while the remaining 17.6% serve with the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA) or Merchant Navy.
Carla Rockson, Seafarer Education Manager, said: “We have extensive experience of supporting seafarers through their personal and professional development. We understand the challenging situations that they work and study in. We adapt with the changing needs of our seafarers, further enhancing our support and have secured additional funding towards their studies.”
Joan Pickering, Quality Improvement Manager, said: “For many years, Marine Society has successfully provided a bespoke service tailored to the needs of seafarers. We understand the invaluable service they provide and we do all in our power to give the support and encouragement to allow seafarers to fulfil their personal and professional potential.”